[f2py] trouble with simple example

Lionel Maziere maziere@algory.com
05 Mar 2002 18:09:48 +0100

--=-VjeCiEZQj2R4RE0WaiZ5

Hi Brad

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 17:48, Brad Reisfeld wrote:

    I followed the example and generated the 'foo.f' and 'bar.f' files, cre=
ated
    and edited the signature file (f2py foo.f bar.f -m foobar -h foobar.pyf=
),
    and created a C/API module (f2py foobar.pyf). However, as you can see i=
n the
    session below, there is no Makefile-foobar created, so I can't proceed =
    create the shared module.
   =20
    What am I missing here?

    Also, according to the 'README.txt' file, there should be some tests in=
    'test-site' directory that one can run to assure proper functionality. =
    couldn't find this directory.
   =20

Actually, the docs (including README and command line help) are much outdat=
ed.

The 'test-site' directory used to be in the archive but it isn't no
more... Pearu ?

Once you have your .pyf (don't generate setup_foobar.py and
Makefile-foobar) :
f2py foo.f bar.f -m foobar -h foobar.pyf
is ok for that,
use : f2py -c foobar.pyf
and your foobar.so to import in Python should be build !

--=20
=20
Lionel MAZI=C8RE
R&D Engineer              Algory
maziere@algory-labs.net   http://www.algory.com

--=-VjeCiEZQj2R4RE0WaiZ5

Hi Brad

I followed the example and generated the 'foo.f' and 'bar.f' files, created
and edited the signature file (f2py foo.f bar.f -m foobar -h foobar.pyf),
and created a C/API module (f2py foobar.pyf). However, as you can see in the
session below, there is no Makefile-foobar created, so I can't proceed to
create the shared module.

What am I missing here?
Also, according to the 'README.txt' file, there should be some tests in a
'test-site' directory that one can run to assure proper functionality. I

--

Lionel MAZIÈRE