[f2py] Use f2py with Intel Fortran compiler on Intel Mac OS X

pearu at cens.ioc.ee pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Tue Oct 17 01:14:59 EEST 2006

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, Richard Wang wrote:

> sure, if  run f2py --fcompiler=intel -c fib1.f -m fib1 -lpython2.4
>
> I got the error messsage:
>
> ifort: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-shared'
> IPO link: can not find -lpython2.4
> ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation
> (code 1)
> ifort: Command line warning: ignoring unknown option '-shared'
> IPO link: can not find -lpython2.4
> ifort: error: problem during multi-file optimization compilation
> (code 1)
> error: Command "/usr/bin/ifort -shared -nofor_main /tmp/tmpXqX_vM/tmp/
> tmpXqX_vM/src.darwin-8.8.1-i386-2.4/fib1module.o /tmp/tmpXqX_vM/tmp/
> tmpXqX_vM/src.darwin-8.8.1-i386-2.4/fortranobject.o /tmp/tmpXqX_vM/
> fib1.o -lpython2.4 -o ./fib1.so" failed with exit status 1
>

> Then  I try to look for libpython2.4.so in my system, but I can not
> find it.  Let me if you need to know other things.

I know little about darwin systems, it would be great if someone
more knowledgeable would step in to this conversation.

Anyway, Python symbols might in file libpython2.4.dylib or similar. Try to
find this file and specify its path using -L flag. Also, see ifort manual
pages for a replacement of `-shared' option. Let me know if you find out
correct linker flags for ifort, then I'll fix intel.py file accordingly.

Pearu