PyVTK Tools for manipulating VTK files in Python
by Pearu Peterson
- Jan 4, 2012
- Development of PyVTK is moved under the Google Code project pyvtk.
- 0.4.74 (Feb 22, 2007)
- Minor bug fixes.
- 0.4.71 (May 18, 2006)
- Added numpy support. Bug fixes.
- 0.4.66 (January 26, 2003)
- Fixed binary write of UnstructuredGrid.
- 0.4.62 (November 19, 2002)
- Minor fixes.
- 0.4 (September 2, 2002)
- Writing binary files works (thanks to Hans Fangohr).
- 0.4 (June 8, 2001)
- VTK files reader (only for Python 2.x). Usage:
- 0.3 (May 21, 2001)
- First release.
PyVTK provides the following tools for manipulating Visualization Toolkit (VTK) files in Python:
- Create VTK file from Python objects. It fully
File Formats Standard 2.0
(see also VTK
File Formats Standard 3.0).
The features include:
- ascii and binary output, ascii input from VTK file
- DataSet formats:
StructuredPoints, StructuredGrid, RectilinearGrid,
- Data formats:
- DataSetAttr formats:
Scalars, ColorScalars, LookupTable, Vectors,
Normals, TextureCoordinates, Tensors, Field
- MayaVi - free, easy
to use scientific data visualizer, written in Python by Prabhu
- Python (PyVTK is developed under Python 2.1, but it is tested to work also with Python 1.5.2 and 2.0)
- Snapshots of release:
PyVTK, unpack the source file, change to directory
python setup.py install, or
make install if under Python 1.x.
PyVTK is being developed under
CVS and those who are
interested in the latest version of
unstable) can get it from the repository as follows:
You can browse
- First you need to login (the password is
> cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/home/cvs login
- and then do the checkout:
> cvs -z6 -d :pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/cvs checkout python/pyvtk
- In the directory
pyvtk you can get the updates by hitting
> cvs -z6 update -P -d
PyVTK CVS repository here.
Last modified: Thu Feb 18 16:44:25 EET 2012